Friday, June 4, 2010

The Naming of Beers

I've been thinking about the naming of beers, and the dork in me keeps wanting to come out (it doesn't take much for it to break through the thin veneer of normality).

Right now I've been kicking around the idea of naming each beer as though it were an actual family member, mostly started by me wanting to have a Crazy Uncle Aaron's Seasonal Special. I could have a barleywine named Grandpa X's Old Something, or something. And a Brother David Abbey Something for a dubbel. I figure through this I could get a Grandpa, Grandma, Father, Mother, Uncle, Aunt, Brother, Sister, and Cousin without getting too strained. I may have to play with it a little more, but mostly I wanted to record the thought before it got lost in the maelstrom of monotony.

No comments:

Post a Comment